Prior to beginning work on this discussion, review Chapter 13: Global Marketing Communications Decision I, and The Toyota Recall Crisis: Media Impact on Toyota’s Corporate Brand Reputation article.
The promotion (P) of the marketing mix includes advertising, public relations, sales promotion, personal selling, and direct marketing. When a company embraces integrated marketing communications, it recognizes that the various elements of a company’s communication strategy must be carefully coordinated.
- Determine four major difficulties that can compromise an organization’s attempt to communicate with customers in any location. Provide examples.
Some global marketers believe in a “one world, one voice” approach to global advertising worldwide, which simply means people everywhere want the same products for the same reason. Other global marketers believe in a localized approach and are skeptical of the global-village argument and they assert that consumers still differ from country to country, and advertise to their respective countries.
- Explain which view of global marketing you embrace and believe is most effective. Provide examples to support your rationale.
Public Relations (PR) “is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics.” Review the Toyota Crisis article carefully and search the web for more information needed to understand their case of PR.
- Explain the issues that can arise in different country markets when marketers decide to implement a global sales promotion strategy.
- Differentiate between personal selling and direct marketing.
Your initial post should be a minimum of 350 words. Cite your textbook and any other sources used to support your ideas. You may refer to Ashford University Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
Mobile advertising and mobile commerce are terms that describe the use of cellphones as channels for delivering advertising messages and conducting product and service transactions. Choose between Starbucks and McDonald’s and imagine you have a contract with this company to strategize and enhance its mobile advertising and mobile commerce activities. Do some research and see what already is available in terms of mobile advertising and mobile commerce for your company.
In your discussion post you will
- Summarize current mobile advertising and mobile commerce activities being used by your contract company.
- Formulate a new mobile strategy for your contract company around the use of GPS and mobile payment.
- Select two implementation challenges if your proposal is accepted to roll out globally.
- If the company decides to enter a new market via licensing versus investment, how would it impact the new mobile strategy that you are proposing?
Your initial post should be a minimum of 300 words. Cite your textbook and any other sources used to support your ideas. You may refer to Ashford University Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.