In this course, you learned core applications of statistical analysis to solve real-world personal or professional inquiry problems. You also learned different techniques to draw conclusions from data. These experiences allowed you to practice designing an approach to a statistical problem, considering assumptions and constraints, and developing interpretations and conclusions. Think about how you felt when you first started the course and how you feel now. Reflect on what you learned in this course and the applications of statistical concepts in your personal and professional life.
In your initial discussion post, specifically address the following:
- What are some practical uses in your own life for the skills you gained in this class?
- How is data analysis changing in the world around you, including workplaces?
- How can statistics be persuasive and misleading?
In your response posts to at least two peers discuss the following:
- Do you look at statistics differently now? If so, how?
- What advice can you offer to help others make the most appropriate use of data?