This assignment is due in 24 hours.
Community involvement in the classroom helps establish a safe environment for young children to grow up in and learn to be a functioning citizen. Establishing volunteer opportunities early in a school year develops a strong united team between families, teachers, and state agencies who provide assessment and other services to meet students’ diverse developmental needs. Many teachers seek volunteers as early as Meet the Teacher night.
Develop a 10-12 slide digital presentation that you could present to families at Meet the Teacher night to encourage them to engage in their child’s education by volunteering in the classroom. This presentation should include:
- The positive effects family and community involvement in the classroom can have on student learning outcomes.
- Five or more expectations for volunteers in your classroom, including any health and safety requirements.
- At least 1-2 examples of child-centered educational activities volunteers could be involved in that extend the learning community beyond the classroom.
- Five or more volunteer options varied to provide opportunities for families with diverse schedules, cultures, languages, and worldviews.
- At least 2-3 community resources to assist families in engaging in their child’s education.
- Include a title slide, references slide and presenters notes.
APA format not is required. Solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.