Create a chart analyzing crime patterns.
- Look at the seven types of crime patterns.
- Research crimes (preferably in the local news). Select crime stories that correspond to each of the crime patterns.
Explain how each crime fits that specific crime pattern type; cite sources to support analysis.
- How could the information about the crime, as well as what you know about the crime pattern, be used to solve the crime?
- If a crime in the stories has already been solved, how was the information about the crime and the crime pattern used to solve it?
- What kind of leads can you deduce from each one of the crimes?
- If any of the stories you are analyzing involves multiple crimes, what common characteristics do they share?
Be sure to cite three to five relevant scholarly sources in support of your content. Use only sources found at the School Library, government websites, or those provided in Topic Materials.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines,