Choose one specific cultural group in the U.S. or elsewhere for which you have a particular interest. You may wish to consider choosing a cultural group that you will be serving in your future advanced nursing role. Conduct a literature search for varied types of credible, peer-reviewed scholarly publications which may include journal articles, book chapters, white papers; government publications or sources such as credible professional nursing and healthcare organizations. Prepare a voice-narrated powerpoint slide presentation which concisely addresses key points in items one through five below as they apply to your chosen cultural group. Include a title slide which names the chosen culture, your name and academic credentials and a reference slide with only selected key citations cited in the slide presentation.
Required Content for Powerpoint Presentation
1. What are the appropriate interdisciplinary interventions for hereditary, genetic, and endemic diseases and high-risk health behaviors within this culture?
2. What are the influences of value systems in this culture on childbearing and bereavement practices?
3. What are the sources of strength, spirituality, and magico- religious beliefs associated with health and health care within this culture?
4. What are the healthcare practices for this culture such as acute versus preventive care, barriers to healthcare, the meaning of pain and the sick role; and traditional folk medicine practices?
5. What are cultural issues related to learning styles, autonomy, and preparation of educational content for this culture?
· 8-10 slides with speaker note
· Length: Voice Narrated PPT not to exceed 10 min.
· Format: APA 7th ed. citation format.
· Research: A minimum of five scholarly reference citations is required.
Required Textbook and Readings
de Chesnay, M., & Anderson, B. (2020). Caring for the vulnerable: Perspectives in nursing theory, practice, and research (5th Ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett. ISBN: 9781284146813
American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). https://doi.org/10.1037/0000165-000