Research paper —- 5 full pages
Penetration testing is a simulated cyberattack against a computer or network that checks for exploitable vulnerabilities. Pen tests can involve attempting to breach application systems, APIs, servers, inputs, and code injection attacks to reveal vulnerabilities. In a well-written, highly-detailed research paper, discuss the following:
- What is penetration testing
- Testing Stages
- Testing Methods
- Testing, web applications and firewalls
Read Course Textbook: Chapter 16
Wangen, G., Snekkenes, E., & Hallstensen, C. (2018). A framework for estimating information security risk assessment method completeness. International Journal of Information Security, 17(6), 681–699. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10207-017-0382-0
- Be approximately 5 full pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
- Follow APA 7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
- Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles and are PEER REVIEWED to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook.
- Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.