Common Assignment Requirements
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your comprehension of project planning as a key function for enabling PMO success and business outcomes. To satisfy this objective, address the following assignment key elements:
- In your own words including scholarly reference support,
- Define project planning in context of the PMO.
- Describe the primary rationale for PMO project planning.
- Compare and contrast the project planning functions between Supportive and Controlling PMO types as described in the PMBOK Guide (6th ed.), Part 1 Section 220.127.116.11 page 48.
- Describe the application of PMO standards and metrics in PMO project planning.
- Summarize how the project planning enables PMO success while recognizing ethical considerations and challenges unique to an international PMO.
Option #1: PMO Planning Results Essay
For the assignment Option #1, write an essay to address the Module 4 Common Assignment Requirements.
Submit your Module 4 Critical Thinking assignment as a single Microsoft Word document to the submissions area established for this purpose.
Your essay should address the following requirements:
- Your well-written PMO recommendation essay thesis should be 5 pages in length, which does not include the title, reference, or appendix pages. You need to add headings and subheadings associated with each of the bullet points listed in the common assignment requirements.
- Format your paper per the CSU Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.) standards, which includes an introduction and conclusion.
- Include title and reference pages.
- In addition to your course textbook, cite at least four current (published within the past 5 years) scholarly resources (peer-reviewed, official governmental reports, and other scholarly sources) to support your suppositions, assertions, and conclusions. To enhance your learning experience, scholarly resources are available from the CSU Global library.
- Include an appendix for tables and figures as appropriate.
Please write clearly, concisely, and cohesively; use section level headers to organize the key elements of your thesis.
Consult the assignment template (Links to an external site.) for a more complete list of requirements. If you need assistance with your writing style or you need writing tips or tutorials, visit the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.