I NEED THIS BY 05/19/2021. PLEASE USE THE ATTACHED MATRIX.
The purpose of this Assessment is to provide you with an opportunity to acquire a strong grasp of the basic tenets, strengths, and limitations of key theories of psychology, so you can make an informed decision as to which theory or theories best apply in understanding a particular set of behaviors. This Assessment is a 3- to 5-page matrix (Excel spreadsheet).
Submission Length: One (1) document that includes your matrix document
Professional Skills: Information Literacy is assessed in this Competency.
Your response to this Assessment should:
- Use the Assessment documents and video as required.
- Reflect the criteria provided in the Rubric.
- Adhere to the required assignment length.
This Assessment requires submission of one (1) document that includes your matrix document. Save this file as PT001_firstinitial_lastname (for example, PT001_J_Smith).
When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the Rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission, and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the Rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
Psychological Themes and Theories
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
For this Assessment, you will explore key concepts found in psychological theories and begin populating the Psychology Theories Matrix Template.
As you begin populating your matrix template, make sure to include the following:
- Identify who or what contributed to the development of the theory. Were there key researchers or seminal research that led to the theory?
- Record whether the theory emphasizes nature (biology), nurture (environment), or both.
- List the primary characteristics or features of the theory (its key tenets and concepts). Be sure to include whether a particular period of life is emphasized.
- List the noteworthy strengths and weaknesses of the theory.
- Describe either contemporary applications and settings or fields of research at which each theory could be applied.