20 Slides powerpoints
Please be creative. APA 7, citation. No plagriarism
References 2017-2021 only.
A minimum of five (5) appropriate research-based scholarly references must be used. These may include references. Please follow Rubric.
Description of the Assignment
This assignment provides a PowerPoint presentation that summarizes the healthcare policy presentation to the elected official.
Criteria for Content
- Overview of healthcare policy in the nursing profession: This section provides an overview of healthcare policy advocacy as it relates to advanced practice. It should contain the following elements:
- Explanation of how healthcare policy can impact the nursing profession
- Explanation of why advocacy is considered an essential component of the advance practice nurse’s role
- Impact of healthcare policy on population health
- Selected healthcare policy concern and resolution: This section provide an identification of the selected healthcare concern and its proposed resolution. It should contain the following elements:
- Provide a comprehensive description of the healthcare concern
- Describe the impact of the concern upon the population group and community
- Describe, with detail, the proposed solution to healthcare concern
- Clearly identify the slides provided to the elected official
- Description of the meeting with the elected official: This section provides a detailed description of the meeting with the elected official. It should contain the following elements:
- The name and position of the elected official
- Explanation of why this individual was selected
- Description of the meeting by including information as:
- Day/time of meeting
- Location of meeting
- Materials/handouts used during the presentation
- Describe the response of the elected official to your presentation and proposed solution
- Self-reflection: This section provides an opportunity to self-reflect upon the healthcare concern, the proposed solution, and presentation to the elected official. It should contain the following elements:
- Identify the new insights you have gained regarding your selected healthcare concern
- Identify the new insights you have gained regarding your proposed solution to the healthcare concern
- Identify the revisions you would make regarding your presentation to the elected official
- Identify the insights you have gained regarding healthcare policy and the importance to the nursing profession
- Future plans regarding selected healthcare concern: This section provides an opportunity to discuss way to foster ongoing or future advocacy regarding the selected healthcare concern and proposed resolution. It should contain the following elements:
- Describe possible future opportunities to be an advocate for your selected healthcare concern and proposed solution
- Identify the revisions you would make in the proposed solution
- Select a professional nursing organization and discuss how this organization could be helpful in fostering or supporting your proposed solution
- Conclusion: This section requires a summary of the key points regarding the healthcare concern, proposed solution and presentation to the elected official
Preparing the assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions:
- A PowerPoint™ presentation of a maximum of 20 slides (does not include the title slide and reference slides) is prepared.
- Title slide, text slides and reference slide (s) must follow APA guidelines as found in the current edition of the manual.
- Speaker’s notes are required for all slides except the title and reference slides.
- A minimum of five (5) appropriate research-based scholarly references must be used.
- Be aware that information from .com websites may be incorrect and should be avoided. References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided.
- Ideas and information from scholarly, peer reviewed, nursing sources must be cited and referenced correctly.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
- Rules regarding PowerPoint™ presentations are to be followed. This includes but not limited to the presentation of information with limited text, use of graphics, and balance of space on the slide.